Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 196-199 (Sunday November 28, 2010 to Wednesday December 1, 2010): Bogota, Colombia

I have been so caught up travelling a certain way that I have lost sight of why I originally chose to ride from Canada to Argentina. A motorcycle was chosen for my method of transportation because it would be the cheapest way to see, experience, and do things outside of large cities. I have come to realize that I was so caught up in trying to reduce future hassles by using a fully modified motorcycle to conquer the Americas that I dismissed the idea of continuing on a small and possibly unreliable used motorcycle under 200cc. The advantages being that I would not stand out, readily available parts, and price. To quote Tyler Durden from Fight Club, "the things you own end up owning you."

On Sundays most engined vehicles are restricted from using the roads.

Delicious breakfast tamal.

I love how the light refracts off of the pollution.

It is refreshing to travel with some people.

Into the Catedral de Sal.




What a delicious salt lick.




Afternoon in the main plaza of the Candelaria zone.

No comments: