Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 253 (Monday January 24, 2011): Ipiales, Colombia to Quito, Ecuador

Fastest border crossing yet! 20 minutes on the Colombian side to de-register the motorcycle and to get my exit stamp. 30 minutes to register in Ecuador and to get my entrance stamp. Unfortunately, it takes me 3.5 hours to figure out insurance for my bike. Mostly because I get sent to four separate locations before finally finding a place that will sell to foreigner. At the final location I met an Ecuadorian family that will be meeting me in Quito and Atacames.

Nothing like newly paved asphalt to make a five hour journey take three.

2 comments:

SandraKevinMagnus said...

Hi Glendon ~
It was great to meet you on the top of a mountain overlooking Banos. What a small world! Here's the name of the book Kevin was telling you about:
Two Wheels Through Terror - Diary of a South American Motorcycle Odyssey by Glen Heggstad
Anyways, travel safe & enjoy! We'll follow your blog to see where you're at.
Take care.

SandraKevinMagnus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.