Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 18-20 (Thursday June 3, 2010 to Saturday June 5, 2010): Santa Clarita to San Diego

On Thursday we wake up early to pack our things but still only manage to get out of the camp site at 8am since it takes quite awhile to repack our gear... no more camping if it can be helped. Six Flags Magic Mountain is incredible since we didn't have to wait more than 5mins for any particular ride. X2 and Terminator are definitely my favorites. We pass through L.A. During rush hour... 80km of traffic jam. Lane splitting is legal in California however, with all my luggage I am wide and not as agile as most other motorcycles which leads to several close calls.








Amazing 6 dollar blueberry pie that we demolish after six flags.

Friday we spend finding a motorcycle shop (Clairemont Cycle Supply) to get some spare parts and to get some advice about the ride into Baja California. The Baja 500 starts the next day which would be interesting to watch, but we will not be ready to leave until Sunday morning since there are some things that still need to be done before leaving. We have been craving Vietnamese Pho for a week so we find a place that is still open at midnight. It could be a combination of the cravings and hunger but I am pretty sure it is the best I have ever had.

I mail back some bulky items to Canada, and we work on our bikes until the store closes at 4. I am probably making a bigger issue of the border crossing than it should be but I can't seem to stop worrying. Needless to say I have a restless night.

No comments: