Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 55 (Saturday July 10, 2010): Puerto Escondido

Headed up into the mountains on a dirt path to find a waterfall but 5 minutes from the destination, a heavy thunder shower hits. Luckily I am running with an extremely aggressive thread on my tires. Without those knobs I doubt we would have made it out that night. Since I am carrying absolutely none of my rain gear I get dressed up in an orange plastic sheet. I am going to say it was for the sake of increased visibility and all the stares and laughter obviously meant I was highly visible.

The sunset at La Punta is breathtaking. Imagine a semi-circular bay, with the sun setting directly in the middle. The day is slightly cloudy and the rays of sunlight hit the thick air which look like moving bands of light hitting and reflecting across the ocean. (A picture would be more useful but I forgot my camera so this image is mine alone).

1 comment:

lj said...

Sometimes it is nice to keep an image our own. Makes it that much more special I think!- Laura